Ace Driver Training – Making Safer Drivers in 2019
- Top honour for empowering vulnerable women January 24, 2020Yolonde Entsch has been named Cairns region's 2020 Citizen of the Year for her dedication to empowering disadvantaged women in Cairns, Doomadgee and Papua New Guinea in a ceremony at the Pullman Cairns International today.
- Renewed call for Priority Port status January 22, 2020Council has renewed calls for Cairns to be designated a Priority Port as the State Government reviews restrictions it placed on capital dredging in Cairns in 2015.
- Council awards major contracts January 22, 2020Council has approved a $9 million contract to construct a new sewage pumping station in North Cairns.
- Heritage trail and garden plans endorsed January 22, 2020A heritage trail linking the newly upgraded Greenpatch camping grounds to Gordonvale, along with concept plans for the Mill Gardens, have been endorsed by Council.
- New home for Jelly Babies January 22, 2020The iconic Jelly Babies, which stood outside of CoCa (now Bulmba-Ja) for over a decade, will be relocated to Munro Martin Parklands.